Settling Environment Law Disputes and Land Use Issues
Proudly Serving Clients Throughout Fort Wayne and Surrounding Areas
Environmental law, land use and zoning are areas of law in which our law firm has focused. We help small businesses and individuals who are in the planning stages of building projects, as well as help existing businesses that have pollution control issues, wetland issues or land use disputes. We also represent landowners and citizens groups in similar land use and environmental disputes.
At Van Gilder & Trzynka, we have two attorneys who focus on this area of law. David Van Gilder has been handling environmental and land use cases since 1983. He is a member of and past President of the Allen County Bar Association, a past member of the Environmental Law Institute and sits on the Board of Directors for both the Hoosier Environmental Council and the ACRES Land Trust. Andrew Simmons has been practicing law since 2007 and has been building a reputation for expertise in this area of law through his work with David Van Gilder.
For your convenience, we have provided some answers to frequently asked questions.
Why Choose Us? For Experience That is Relevant
Our law firm has lawyers who focus their energy, resources and knowledge on this particular area of law, and who have up-to-date knowledge of the legislation and case law that affects it.
We have helped a wide range of businesses and individuals with various environmental issues. Examples include: start-up service station businesses with underground storage tank and ground water issues; homeowners who wish to preserve their land using conservation easements; community organizations seeking a meaningful voice in land use zoning and environmental permitting decisions.
Our experience and knowledge base includes:
- Interactions with regulatory agencies such as the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR)
- Representing commercial developers, construction companies, service station owners, small businesses, homeowners and neighborhood associations
- In-depth knowledge of laws and cases governing regulatory compliance and water quality
- Affordable, tenacious representation for small and midsize businesses currently using consultants or a large law firm
- Drafting and review of detailed agreements or documents such as phase 1 or phase 2 site assessments
- Litigation of cases involving contamination of land or groundwater with toxic chemicals like pesticides or gasoline and/or improper discharge or drainage of the same
- Representation of the City of New Haven in zoning matters
If you are anywhere in Indiana, and have a water quality, pollution, zoning or land use legal issue, please give us a call to speak with one of our attorneys. Call 888-255-7910 to speak to a lawyer, or send us ane-mail to schedule an initial consultation.